It’s summer time! That means cookouts, barbecues, reunions, and more things that require your culinary expertise! That’s great for our social needs, but can certainly stress the pockets when you are preparing food for someone else multiple times each month. These Sunday’s Sinful Strawberry Bars are so easy and delicious, you’ll be asked to bring them to the next function.
Sunday’s Sinful Strawberry Bars
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 boxes of yellow cake mix (we used Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™)
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup strawberry preserves
1 package (8 oz) softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
sprinkle of salt
1/2 cup thawed frozen strawberry daiquiri mix (we used Bacardi Frozen Mixers)
Here’s what to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cover a 11 x 9 inch pan with foil, and rub butter on the foil.
3. Dump the cake mix in large bowl, add butter, and use a fork to mix until crumbly. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Scoop out 2 cups and reserve (this will be your topping).
4. Press the mixture into the bottom of your pan, and then spread preserves on top of it.
5. Beat your cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt, and egg until it is smooth. (You can use the same bowl that you used to make the crust!) Add in the thawed daiquiri, and again beat until well blended. Pour this on top of the crust.
6. Sprinkle the 2 cups of crust on top of the bars and cook for about 30 minutes.
After these have totally cooled (the hardest part is waiting!), cut them into bars and refrigerate them!
This recipe was adapted from HERE