We are using the Heart of Dakota Little Hands to Heaven curriculum for my 2 and 3 year old. I did it briefly and sporadically last year, but this year we are cracking down and doing it consistently. My little ones LOVE learning and I want to make sure they continue that love for learning. I think the best way is through play but there’s nothing wrong with a little guidance, right? Please keep up with our year and leave any helpful suggestions in the comments section. 🙂
Here’s the way I THINK we will do it. Things will change due to bible study, playgroup, doctor’s appointments and life in general but this is how it will be on an ideal day. First we get ready (brush teeth, wash face, comb hair, clothes on, etc.) and eat breakfast, then:
- Devotion: VeggieTales Day Starter Devos for boys for my son and for girls for my daughter
- Reading: we read Big Thoughts for Little People for whatever letter we are learning that week
- Letters: learn the letter of the week, go over the flashcard & complete the letter activity
- Bible: we read our verse, do the fingerplay and bible activity
- Music or Foreign Language**
- Break: usually includes playgroup, playground, errands or something else away from home or at least outside
*If science will take a while we will do that after nap.
**On Tuesdays and Thursdays I ATTEMPT to teach Spanish. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we do some kind of music. I’ve created PowerPoint slides for our songs for The Singing Bible so we always sing at some point of the day but on “music” days we learn the piano or guitar.
It looks like a long morning but it actually only takes maybe an hour. 🙂
What’s your homeschool schedule?
What time do you start?
Are you very strict on the schedule or do you move it around?