We have been to the pumpkin patch twice and used our pumpkins for learning in every way I know how (but I can always take more suggestions!) so our final project with them…
We got the recipe from here and it turned out great. Here’s what to do:
1. Gather the ingredients:
- 2 cups mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crust (I used a store-bought crust because I learned my lesson making one for a homemade apple pie.)
2. Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
3. Cut the pumpkin in half.
4. Scoop out the inside and save the seeds for a yummy snack.
5. Place pumpkin in a covered oven-safe container
6. Bake for about an hour or until soft (can be as quick as 45 minutes or as long as 90 minutes).
7. Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until the fork comes out clean about an inch from the crust.
I know you’re probably thinking that cooking an 8 step recipe with a toddler is torture but they loved every minute!!